Depending on where you come from, you’ll probably find that there will be one or two good logo designers in your area. It’s important to understand the benefits and drawbacks of finding somebody local.
Benefits of hiring a local logo designer
- You get to meet them in person, you get to have a feel of their personality; whether you click; whether you get on; whether the chemistry is right between you and your logo designer.
- You will also get a live presentation of your logo design concepts. You get to talk to the designer as they reveal it right in front of your eyes. This is not just great for you as a client but it’s also great for the logo designer too because they get to see your body language as they reveal their projects.
- A local logo designer might already frequent your business; might already know your target audience and might know your products and services.
- A good logo designer or brand agency will a have a good reputation locally already. Hopefully, you’ll already have heard of the best logo designers and brand agencies in your area. You’ll have seen their designs in place already with local businesses and other services.
Drawbacks of hiring local
So they are just a few benefits of finding somebody local but it is also important to be aware of some of the drawbacks of hiring somebody local as well.
- One of the first drawbacks of hiring somebody local is Less Choice. There will undoubtedly be more choice if you go beyond your local region and even look on the internet to find other logo designers out there.
- There may be better logo designers elsewhere.
If you find a great logo designer in your area, that’s fantastic but it might also be worth comparing their work with somebody else who has a great reputation beyond your locality or online.
This might also apply to designers outside your area but when you find a local designer, make sure they’ve got the right experience, the right business acumen, the right credentials in order to successfully and confidently take your logo project from start to finish and give you the necessary support after the project has been completed
Have I missed anything? Let me know in the comments below if you can think of any other pros or cons to hiring locally.